Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Testimonies of Mission Trip Members - Part 1

As I was reading Matthew 9:38, I became more convinced of the importance of our ministry, as we are not only impacting lives of those we are able to share the gospel with on the field and see people come to Christ, but also to see God work in the hearts of those who go. Coming back with a much clearer understanding of what being a believer is all about. Realizing they can be a witness right in their own towns as well. It may be harder, but they can do it. What a blessing to see God call some into fulltime Christian service and some into missions. Indeed we are seeing God use you and us to see the prayer of Jesus answered in Matt.9:38.

Listen to what our team members have to say about Short Term Mission Trips:
 
 
Vickie Frazier of Hyland Heights Baptist Church
Lynchburg, VA

 
 
 
Here are a few comments of what others have said of our ministry
and of what we are doing on our discipleship Short Term Missions Trips:


"I just recently went on a mission trip to Brazil with Joel Johnson/Wordless Ministries. I cannot put in to words how valuable this ministry is to the people of Brazil. The lives that Joel and Melissa have touched, the relationships they have formed, and souls they have led to the Lord using the Wordless bracelets/soccerballs is countless! The Wordless bracelets and soccerball are such quick, easy, effective tools for sharing the gospel. I am so thankful to have gotten the chance to use these tools in Brazil because I feel like I am so much more prepared to share the gospel now. The money any church gives to support Wordless Ministries and/or Joel and Melissa Johnson, is having a tremendous impact not only on lives in Brazil, but in the lives of people ,like me, who were fortunate enough to go on a short-term mission trip. I would definitely recommend a short term mission trip to fellow believers.

I would like to express how important I think short-term mission trips are. First of all, you need to gain an appreciation of another culture, how they live, etc. because we take so much for granted. Also, the prayers you have prayed and the money you have given to missions all these years, you now have faces and stories that just awaken your heart when you think about what all is going on in other countries and how you have had a tiny part in changing lives from hundreds of miles away!! Plus, worshipping God together with people you have never met before and you don't even speak the same language, yet you just feel the power of the Holy Spirit moving....that is indescribable and makes God seem like he is literally in your midst!!!
Furthermore, I have an appreciation for missions that I never had before! I see how much time, effort, and sacrifice it takes for each and every missionary and how important it is for us to financially support and pray for the ministries of our missionaries!! You will never again think twice about giving your money to such a worthy, life changing cause!!!!"
Blessings, Tracey Davis


"Not only do short term trips bring you out of your comfort zone, it exposes you to a way of life so much different than our own. The trade off, as usual, when you go to encourage or bless others, you come back the recipient of the greater blessing! That is the great thing about serving God!
Wordless Ministries is a great way to have a plan to share the gospel. Using the wordless bracelet or soccer ball, It is a simple, straightforward and accurate approach. It can be modified though by the person sharing it to make it your own. Going on a short term trip with somebody who grew up in the culture, is really an added bonus. What really stood out, however, was the love that locals had for Pastor Joel and Melissa. They had invested time and energy in many relationships. It was obvious how much love they invested was reciprocated by many."


Loren Adams



"Joel, I have used the wordless bracelets I had. They are the BEST witnessing tool ever. Two of Lauren's friends have come to know the Lord using those bracelets and both wear them faithfully! How can I get more? I don't need a mass number. I want to get some to challenge myself to continue sharing. I miss having one on my wrist. Brazil of 2012 changed my outlook on missions and enabled me to "see/ be passionate" people's souls and not an outside appearance. God tugs on my heart daily as I meet and even casually see others wondering and praying if they know Jesus. My experience in Brazil concreted in me the fact that Jesus is a relationship and not religion! Thanks"
Kristi Milby Vann



You never give to God's work without receiving a blessing. Every time we see your pictures and read your updates God blesses my heart. We get excited seeing the groups/crowds of people who are considering this big step in their lives. We just love knowing that we can help you guys go and do what we cannot do. We love being involved in your circle of impact! We ask your prayers as we seek God's will for a church home and what our involvement will look like. The church we are considering has lots of opportunities for involvement but we want to be sure we step into what God wants for this stage of our lives.
We love you and are excited to have you come visit".
Gayle & Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading about our ministry news. Please leave your name and any messages for us below. Thank you for your prayers.