Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Testimonies - Part 2

More testimonies of folks who have gone on a missions trip with Joel and Melissa through Wordless Ministries...



 



Read on:

Hi Joel, " As I mentioned to you, it is so hard to come home after a mission trip because a part of me wants to stay in Brazil. The blessing is that partnering with you makes me feel as though a part of me is still there and that we are playing a part in God’s kingdom work."

God Bless, Lori


Hi Joel& Melissa,

 "It has been a privilege for Tim & I to have a small part in partnering with you as you both answer God's call on your lives to minister in Brasil! Your passion for God, the people of Brasil and sharing the Gospel are a blessing and encouragement to us! It has been exciting to see how God is using your experience and contacts from years of ministry, to springboard into the Wordless Ministry. May God continue to bless and multiply your efforts as you take new teams again in 2013! May those who participate catch a glimpse of God's work in the hearts of the people of Brasil, and may their own hearts be touched and changed by the experience!
Abracos to both of you!!"

Martha & Tim


"I wasn't a Christian for 6 months the first time we went in 2004. I went to play games with the kids to help serve and realized they looked at me like I was a Christian and should know the things of God. When I returned I started getting up at 4:40 am and studying for an hour every morning and plugging in to men's Bible studies. The next year we went back and I was on the evangelism team and prayed for the first time with almost 20 different people to accept Christ throughout that trip. The reason I believe coming back from a missions trip changes people’s lives is because they finally feel or experience God using them to impact lives and that is what this life is all about. Living for Him and to finally experience joy and the feeling of knowing you’re not worthy but that He truly loves us and uses anyway to reach others and bring glory to Himself. I have since been to New Orleans, Africa, Dominican Republic, and China on trips and look forward to going back to Brazil again where it all began. October 26th will be our 10 year anniversary since Shawna and I accepted Christ together. Wow time flies by so fast :)"

Eddie Ireson

"Short term Mission trips changed my life and how I lived my daily life back in the States. I will never forget how much God taught me and changed me on my first and second short term mission trips. God has always been a part of my life but He became real to me through a short term mission trip. In the states everything is handed to us while going to Brazil I really learned what it meant to rely on God and His work. I learned what it meant to serve others and most important I learned there are people everywhere in need of a Savior. Besides accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, going on a short term mission trip was the best choice of my life. I am forever changed."

Lauren Vann

"I have been working with Joel and Melissa Johnson for the past three summers on short term missions’ trips. It has been a joy to work with them and to see their passion for the lost. Short term missions has definitely impacted my two daughters, my wife and myself. I believe that God is going to allow Joel to raise up an army of teenagers and young adults who will be able to accomplish so much more than he and his wife can do singlehandedly. I believe this is the model that Christ established when he poured his life into 12 disciples and then sent them out to evangelize the world."

Rev. Ace Foldesi

"Going on a short term missions trip, really changed the way I viewed ministry. I went to Brazil in 2006 for my first overseas mission trip. I was given the chance to interact with people from another culture and share the good news of the Messiah with them. It was also very impactful to see the Johnsons and their passion for missions. After my first trip, I returned to Brazil on two more short term mission trips with the Johnsons. Because of these experiences, God has led me to one day return to Brazil to start a youth hostel ministry. Looking back, I see these trips as landmarks along the road to ministry, which God used to direct my life. Short Term Missions have truly made a lasting impact on my entire life."
Stephen



"Going to Brazil on a short term mission trip, was one of the best decisions I ever made. When I went to Brazil, the Lord made it very clear what He wanted me to do. I fell in love with the culture, the people, and most of all, doing what we are called to do, spreading the gospel. I hope to go back to Brazil as a missionary when I finish college. This trip really impacted my life and i want to thank all the volunteers who were willing to go, including Pastor Joel. I'm so excited to see what else the Lord is going to do in my life."

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading about our ministry news. Please leave your name and any messages for us below. Thank you for your prayers.